SMB follows-up to insure claims are getting processed in a timely manner and if claims are older than 30 days we contact the insurance company to find out why. If a claim is denied we take several steps to get that claim resolved and the Doctor paid.
Today it is not unusual to have a 30 percent or higher claim-rejection rate, which requires extensive follow-up. Lack of follow-up relating to unpaid claims and incorrect discounts applied to patients’ accounts are the two biggest problems in physician’s billing practice.
How we do it:
- We process the rejection by assigning a denial code for easy tracking and efficiency
- We contact the insurance company to determine if resolution can be made via phone
- We will request medical records from the practice and submit an appeal per the payor guidelines
- We will contact the patient via phone or statement if the denial reason pertains to them.
- We notate our progress per transaction and the denial remains as an open task until it is resolved
Next Page: Patient Statements
Schedule a presentation by clicking here!